There are many benefits to be gained from raising the awareness of, as well as embedding, best practice in an organisation. These include:
- makes good business sense – importance of duty of care as employer and cost of getting it wrong;
- reduces workplace stress;
- improves physical health, wellbeing and resilience;
- reduces absenteeism;
- increases trust and commitment to job;
- increases respect;
- increases productivity;
- reduces accidents and injuries;
- reduces impact before and prepare for the unexpected;
- increases personal and team adaptive capacity and learning power.
The guide looks at how to realise these benefits by considering what to do before, during and after an incident. It provides a valuable video as well as references and useful contacts.