An extensive guidance document on security and safety in crowded places with sector specification.
- Crowded spaces are broken down into four sectors. Each sector contains up to date guidance.
- Physical Security:
- Effective physical security is best achieved by multi-layering different measures.
- The core principles of protection are Deter, Detect, Delay and initiate an effective response.
- Personnel and People Security:
- Requires the integration of physical, personnel, people and cyber security.
- To achieve effective personnel security a system of policies and procedures are required to reduce the risk of an organisations assets from being exploited.
- Cyber Security:
- One of the most significant threats to UK interests.
- The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has the task of reducing cyber risk to the UK.
- Personal Security:
- Safety of ourselves and those around us is of upmost importance.
- Three key areas affecting our security: physical security, situational awareness, and online security.