This year’s campaign has the strap line 'What the Flood?' and focuses on helping people know what action to take in a flood, based on the message 'Prepare. Act. Survive.'
During the campaign the agency would like as much partner support as possible in order to help reach target audiences. In England there are over 5 million homes at risk of flooding but most people assume it will never happen to them. According to recent polling, only a third of people in areas at high risk of flooding believe that their home could be at risk.
The average cost of flooding to a home is around £30,000. Flooding also brings a significant risk to life. The mental health impacts of flooding can last for two years or more after flooding has happened. Depression, anxiety and PTSD can affect up to a third of people who have been flooded.
The partner pack of materials is available for download here and includes the following items:
· A PDF document outlining guidance on how to support the campaign;
· Social-media animation;
· Static images for social media;
· Web banners and campaign posters;
· An email signature;
· Article templates;
· Useful facts and sample tweets.
The campaign message can be spread by:
· Posting content on your social media channels;
· Sharing @EnvAgency social media content;
· Publishing information on your website;
· Using our campaign email signature;
· Adding information about the campaign into any internal and customer newsletters;
· Encouraging your colleagues, partners and customers to support the campaign.