We are looking for a Communications Manager to support Resilience First's programme of activities and initiatives
Resilience First is a highly respected business-oriented membership organisation, created by London First in April 2018 and supported by blue-chip corporates and key stakeholders in a cross-section of industry sectors, with a mission to advance resilience best practice across urban business communities for mutual benefit and that of society.
In February 2021, Resilience First announced a strategic partnership with The Resilience Shift. Supported by Lloyd’s Register Foundation and Arup, The Resilience Shift has built a global community of interest from its roots in providing new collaborations, knowledge, tools and approaches to ensure a transformative approach to the resilience of critical infrastructure.
The strategic partnership between these two organisations creates a platform with substantial convening power, reach and voice to help build resilience in businesses and the communities in which they operate.
As part of our plans to deliver our 2021 to 2025 goals, our Communications Manager will support the growth of the organisation and in particular drive Resilience First’s marketing and communications strategic plan.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Communications, the Communications Manager will be responsible for a wide range of communication activities, including writing and producing content for varying purposes; website, media and social media content creation and updates; delivering programmes of events and webinars as well as supporting stakeholder external events and activities to promote community growth. They will contribute to and help to deliver our plans for major global campaigns, helping to maintain our strong brand identity across commissioned content and production support.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Communications, the Communications Manager will be required to carry out the following as part of the full suite of activities expected within the role:
- Support the Director of Operations and Communications, to deliver the communications and influence strategy as well as tactical activities as tasked across our membership services, campaigns and workstreams.
- Develop and deliver specific communications projects or campaigns as directed.
- Maintain the membership and stakeholder database for the organisation and input to its development.
- Maintain and update the organisation’s website and communications materials, including reviewing channel content for consistency, functionality, broken links etc.
- Collate, analyse and present stats and analytics from the various channels and activities to report on or input to decision-making at weekly and monthly meetings.
- Work with The Resilience Shift’s comms team to effectively share our content and co-create editorial opportunities.
- Write, edit and publish content of different types and for different purposes including newsletters, blogs, event materials, video scripts, membership comms, press releases and social media posts.
- Deliver a full programme of events and webinars, including curating, logistics management, marketing, delegate and speaker management including recording/photographing/reporting, as required (representing c25 events per year).
- Maintain a social media presence and posting materials as appropriate to our channels.
- Work with commissioned resources to manage design, editorial and production projects to completion, supporting with picture and stock footage research and clearance as needed.
- Ensure that the organisational narrative, branding and identity is consistently applied across all products.
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in events management and coordination.
- Strong communications background and/or education.
- Demonstrable evidence of typically over 5 years’ experience of working in a corporate communication or relevant marcoms role.
- Strong organisational skills able to demonstrate experience of successful project and event delivery.
- Strong writing abilities and can demonstrate excellent editorial instincts – able to spot a story and craft it according to need.
- Experience of contributing to website content, social media platforms and blogs.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in an agile and fast-paced environment, to work independently and proactively.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Graphic design and website development skills, and evidence of creative flair.
- PR and media relations experience desirable, whether agency or in-house.
- An interest in resilience and climate change is useful
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.