A standard defining a set of indicators to steer and measure the performance of city services and quality of life.
- The indicators laid out in this standard can be used to track and monitor progress on city performance.
- It is part of a series of new international standards being developed for a holistic and integrated approach to sustainable development including indicators for city services, quality of life, smart cities and indicators for resilient cities.
- The document can be applied to any city, municipal authority or local government that undertakes to measure its performance in a comparable and verifiable manner, irrespective of size and location.
- The indicators established are structured around themes in respect of the varying levels in resource capabilities of cities worldwide.
- Core indicators are those that when implementing the document shall follow and supporting indicators are those that should be followed.
- This standard is developed in conjunction with ISO 37122, 37123 and 37101.