A report with case studies highlighting how businesses can embrace climate change adaptation strategies.
- Report Purpose:
- To inform and inspire companies to anticipate and adapt to climate change while factoring in community vulnerabilities into decision making.
- To engage policymakers to support business contribution to climate change adaptation for resilience.
- To encourage civil society organisations to see businesses as key partners in adapting to climate change risks and impacts.
- Key Emerging Insights:
- Business engagement in adaptation is still in its early stages, particularly with regard to mitigation.
- Companies recognise that their ability to grow cannot be disconnected from community well-being.
- Companies are experiencing a range of benefits from engaging in actions that increase climate resilience.
- Climate-change adaptation and resilience-building challenges present new opportunities for partnerships and stakeholder engagement.
- Governmental leadership on adaptation is of critical importance.
- Private-sector adaptation efforts will be a crucial complement to public finance and public-sector action.
- Companies of all sizes are encouraged to determine what adaptation challenges exist for their businesses and integrate adaptation into core strategic business planning.