What is this standard about?
BS 65000 describes the nature of resilience and ways to build and enhance organizational resilience.
Who is this standard for?
- Senior management and anyone responsible for building resilience in an organization
- Risk managers
- Continuity/change management practitioners
- Governance, emergency management and supply chain management
Why should you use this standard?
This standard defines organizational resilience as the ability to anticipate, prepare for, respond and adapt to events – both sudden shocks and gradual change. That means being adaptable, competitive, agile and robust.
One way to improve resilience is by integrating and coordinating the various operational disciplines in an organization so BS 65000 draws on other standards relating to these disciplines. Most organizations work within a complex web of interactions. This standard recognizes that it is essential to build resilience not only within an organization but across networks and in partnership with others.
Using agreed terminology, BS 65000:
- Clarifies the meaning of resilience
- Highlights the key components of resilience
- Helps an organization measure its resilience and make improvements
- Identifies good practice found in other disciplines and defined in existing standardsIt will be very valuable to anyone responsible for building resilience in their organization.